Divine Healing - Part 4 - Many Ways to Heal
[original text in italics]
As we have seen, faith in the name of Jesus is all that is required to heal. Here are a few other key points to remember when you minister healing:
It must be pure faith and without doubt or wavering.
Decide and believe that everyone that you minister to will be healed. Otherwise, you are wavering.
- Rely (rest) on the finished work of Jesus, so that there is no striving.
Take the responsibility to set people free and keep your faith active on their behalf even after your time of ministry.
- Be laser focused on the person and intentional when you minister so that you release your faith in a way that it makes a mark in the person’s life. It is the training and learning now coming together to a focal point of releasing the power of God where it counts. It's like an soldier taking all his training and applying it with focus on the field.
- You don’t need to hear or know the details. Speak the end result and keep it simple. Examples:
- Right now, in Jesus' name, all infirmity leave! Be completely healed!
- See perfectly!
- Be free of pain!
- Mind be completely healed and free!
- Life head to toe!
Don't think about yourself. Think of how Jesus put you here to get rid of the sickness and bring Life. Think of the Holy Spirit moving through you as you minister.
Sympathy and pity do not get people healed, as this comes from not having a way to set them free. However, you can minister from compassion, as this comes from knowing we have the answer in Christ Jesus.
With faith, healing can be released in many different ways as shown below.
1) Lay hands on the sick and they will recover. You don't even need to say anything:
MARK 16:18 …they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.
2) Command healing or life into the person:
Matthew 9:39-43 When He [Jesus] came in, He said to them, “Why make this commotion and weep? The child is not dead, but sleeping.” And they ridiculed Him. But when He had put them all outside, He took the father and the mother of the child, and those who were with Him, and entered where the child was lying. Then He took the child by the hand, and said to her, “Talitha, cumi,” which is translated, “Little girl, I say to you, arise.” Immediately the girl arose and walked, for she was twelve years of age. And they were overcome with great amazement. But He commanded them strictly that no one should know it, and said that something should be given her to eat.
3) Expect healing to flow from what you believe, say, or do:
ACTS 3:4-7 And Peter directed his gaze at him, as did John, and said, “Look at us.” And he fixed his attention on them, expecting to receive something from them. But Peter said, “I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!” And he took him by the right hand and raised him up, and immediately his feet and ankles were made strong.
4) Use cloth or other materials to carry healing to the sick person. Although no specific prayer is necessary, you can pray into the material like this, “In Jesus name and faith in his name, we release life, healing, deliverance and freedom in this cloth. Everything it touches must bow to the name of Jesus. The enemy cannot remain and must immediately leave anyone this cloth touches." Or you could lay hands on the cloth and say, "In an act of our will and faith, we release life and freedom.” Note that in the following scripture, no prayer was specifically used in the miracles. The miracles resulted from Paul’s faith and consecration to God:
ACTS 19:11-12 And God was doing extraordinary miracles by the hands of Paul, so that even handkerchiefs or aprons that had touched his skin were carried away to the sick, and their diseases left them and the evil spirits came out of them.
5) Release God’s power by the method in which you have faith and it will be done according to what you believe. For example, Smith Wigglesworth, though this is not recommended, punched people where they needed healing and they were healed. Wigglesworth would say that he was hitting the devil. There are two points here. One is that Jesus meets people where their faith is. The other point is that there is not magic script, but rather expectation, conviction, confidence, and faith without unbelief and without doubt.
MATTHEW 8:13 And to the centurion Jesus said, “Go; let it be done for you as you have believed.” And the servant was healed at that very moment.
MATTHEW 9:29-30 Then he touched their eyes, saying, “According to your faith be it done to you.” And their eyes were opened.
Other methods will also set people free and heal them. Let your focus be to release the life of the Holy Spirit in people. His life will cast out any demon and heal any sickness. Settle in your heart that the healing will happen and, if the enemy resists, he must obey. Don’t quit and you will build a reputation in the spiritual realm that causes demons to resist less in the future. Finally, pray even if you think it is too late, because God lives in eternity outside of time and will answer before you pray:
ISAIAH 65:24 Before they call I will answer;
Realize that many people will live or die based on your faith. You are a minister of the good news, an ambassador of Christ, and a son of God. Jesus is healing and as he is so also are we in this world (1 JOHN 4:17). In time, you will get to the point where you are saturated with who you are in Christ and you don't just study healing or do healing, but you become healing. Now, go set people free, heal the sick, raise the dead, and preach the gospel!